Outside Sales Engineer at ASCO Controls
Summary of role
In this position the job holder is responsible for all sales activities of designated region North Netherlands to achieve the agreed Sales, Bookings and Strategic targets for the agreed product lines and services in the agreed sales territory.
Principle job responsibilities
• Identify the market requirements and specifics, develop and execute the strategies and tactics for growth of orders and profitability within customers in the agreed sales territory.
• Actively promote and sell ASCO Business and BU offerings including products, solutions and services in the agreed geographical area or industry of responsibility.
• Actively visit existing customers to promote the assigned product lines, entire product portfolio and services.
• Seek new opportunities to sell assigned products and services to new customers and industries.
• Negotiate with Customer Relevant Business Contracts within the agreed Delegation of Authority – including discount, price and volume structures.
• Drive sales and proposal strategies with the sales support organization.
• Maintain a project opportunity list for the assigned sales area in the associated tools like ASCO Project Tracking etc.
• Maximize both “face to face time” and other communication possibilities (telephone, e-mail, etc.).
• Oversee, ensure and personally support the execution of committed contractual terms to customers in all business transactions.
• Continuously drive the improvement of customer satisfaction by understanding, communicating and executing solutions to their needs.
• Participate in customer development activities such as trade shows, fairs, conferences aiming to promote the sale of products, solutions and services of designated region North Netherlands
• Maintain and continuously develop high level of products and technologies knowledge required to perform the job.
• Report regularly to the direct supervisor on market trends, competition strategies and customer behaviours which may affect the Emerson business strategies.
• Report on quotation & project potential
• Observe the “Business Ethics” stipulated by Emerson.
• Practice and promote the “Think Customer” culture in all aspects of the role.
• Ensure that all transactions are properly screened and recorded in accordance
with the company’s Trade Compliance procedures and escalate any concerns or
questions to the local Gatekeeper.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Supervisors.
Required qualifications and experience
• Engineering degree or comparable technical education.
• At least 5 years sales experience in the industrial market.
• Strong PC user.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Be an action-oriented, self-motivated, result driven sales person.
• Be a team player willing to work within a matrix organization with other ASCO
people in the region and globally.
• Fluent in English.
• Willing to travel in the region and international
Reports to the Sales Manager Benelux